Monday, September 03, 2012

A List

I will blog again some day. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise!

Until I do here's a list:
*Our hens just started laying eggs. Well, should say "egglets." They are always so tiny when they first start laying. Isn't it cute?? I have really short fingers so the egg looks bigger than it is. This one was only about 1 1/2 inches tall.


*Actually did a little bit of canning this summer and hope to do more in the Autumn. Lots of yummy pickles on the shelf thanks to a friend who had a prolific cucumber harvest!


*I learned to make ice cream with our Vitamix. We made these on National Ice Cream Sandwich Day. Yes, there is such a thing. These were made with homemade almond milk and organic, soy free chocolate chips.


*Our little apple tree produced a few apples this year... seven to be exact. They are granny smith and one of these years we may have enough for a yummy apple pie!


*This summer my daughter started learning to sew. I think she is doing very well. I found her a used machine last year and she is enjoying using it.


*I did a little sewing over the summer too. One project was to make "not paper towels." They turned our pretty well, but putting them back on the roll after using/washing them was kind of a pain. So now they are folded and stacked. They are handy though.


*We're taking our first ever family beach vacation later this month. First ever!

*I sold my grain mill and Bosch Concept 7 mixer.. getting out of the bread making business. If I ever do need to grind grains our Vitamix will do the job.


*Trying a new curriculum this year. First packaged curriculum we've tried in a bunch of years. Excited about it. Also pretty thrilled that a friend is selling me her used curriculum at a reduced price! What a blessing!


*Our family grew by one this summer. A little Yorkie pup joined our ranks. He likes green smoothies.


*I made him some belly bands because he's the most difficult dog I have ever tried to house break. Seriously difficult. Good thing he's adorable.


And last, but certainly not least...

*I'm going to be a Grammy this year. Our son and his wife are expecting their first baby in November.  We don't know if it will be a boy or girl as they want to be surprised. I love that! Can't wait to meet little him or her. :)


Thanks for reading my list. :-)

2 comments:

  1. :-) You've been very busy and productive this summer! And can't wait for baby Lay to come along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update, congrats to Grammy to be!! I'm excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! :-)